Monday, July 13, 2015

Searching for Dragons - Patricia C. Wrede

Searching for Dragons
Title: Searching for Dragons
Author: Patricia C. Wrede
Publication Date: 1991
Pages: 242
How I Found It: I've loved this series since childhood
Date Completed: 6/8/15

Summary: Unconventional Princess Cimorene teams up with King Mendanbar of the Enchanted Forest in hopes of rescuing Cimorene's dragon boss, King Kazul, from malicious wizards.

What I Thought: I find this series so fun. It's untraditional, yet uses a lot of traditional fantasy story elements: princesses, magic, dramatic rescues, fantastical creatures, etc. 

I do not think this sequel is as naturally charming or engrosing as its predecessor, however, it's still a very enjoyable read. Cimorene still is determined to buck any traditional roles. She maintains her position as a fiery, independent woman. Any romantic connection she may make simply proves a bonus to her already complete personality and life. Love that.

Once again, if you are looking for a light, fun read for your elementary student - or yourself - I cannot recommend these books highly enough. 

Rating: ★★★☆☆
Will I Re-Read: At some point, I'm sure
Other Books By Patricia C. Wrede: Dealing with Dragons

A Reduced Review: Though not as intrinsically magical as the first book, this sequel continues the fun, nontraditional fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment