Friday, February 6, 2015

One Pot - Martha Stewart

One Pot
Title: One Pot: 120+ Easy Meals from Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Stockpot, and More
Author: Martha Stewart
Publication Date: 9/23/14
Pages: 256
Genre: Food
How I Found It: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review
Date Completed: 2014

Summary: A collection of recipes you can cook all in one pot, whether that's your slow cooker, a Dutch oven, stovetop, or something else. 

What I Thought: Ok, I know, I know. This is not in my normal wheelhouse for the blog. But, as the person responsible for all food production in this home and as a person who despises doing the dishes, I jumped at the opportunity to get my hands on this cookbook.

The premise is super simple. It's a cookbook full of recipes that only cook in one pot. Crock Pot, stovetop, Dutch oven...whatever. Everything goes into one cooking device. No extra mess. 

I was pretty pleased at the variety of recipes in the book. When I think one pot, I usually think soups, stews, or casseroles. While there were some of those in here, there were also a wide range of ideas, including different cuisine styles. So far, we've tried the Chicken with Mushrooms (yum!) and the Spiced Chicken Stew with Carrots. The former is right up our alley. There was no doubt we were gonna love it. The later definitely required a step out of our comfort zone. First Moroccan-inspired dish I've ever made. We really liked it, though. The change of spices proved a nice variation in our diets and the chicken was so tender after being in the slow cooker for a few hours. 

I marked a whole bunch of recipes I want to try. As with any cookbook, not everything looks appealing. But there's definitely enough here to keep me busy for a while.

Rating: ★★★★☆
Will I Re-Read: I definitely plan to keep cooking from it. 
If You Liked This Try: My Paris Kitchen / Lunch in Paris

A Reduced Review: Easy, tasty meals to make without creating an epic kitchen mess to go with them. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review

No comments:

Post a Comment